Twitter

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nala

Our relationship was doomed from the start. My family disapproves of you, but i refuse to let you go. Why do they have a say when i live alone? Loneliness was a factor during my stay in my first apartment, therefore finding you turned the woeful experience into an enjoyable one. Our first encounter could have possibly been fate, being introduced by my first friend in the complex. As i looked into those blue eyes, i couldn't help but to be engulfed with complete adoration for you.

Your timidity was a wall prepared for demolition by the appropriate personnel. As you became comfortable around me, you began spend all your days with me. Remember our first night? You were so nervous you tried to sleep on the carpet. I then approached you, & sat on the floor with you. As we sat looking at each other, you eased up & laid on my lap. I began to caress your back while telling you everything was going to be fine.

Eventually moving to the bed, you wasted no time putting your warm body against mine. Our eyes interlocked as if we've started something that we hoped would never end. We were up through the night enjoying each other's company, almost like the morning was not assured. You came close to me, & put your nose against mine; signifying that you trusted me. Ultimately, we slept comfortably through the late night, into the afternoon.

Anytime i think of your name "Nala," i can't help but to deduce the resemblance with Nala from "The Lion King." Both of  having blue eyes, nimble, & intuitive. Meaning "Gift;" Nala fills a void in me i never knew i had. It is safe to say, she is not going anywhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment